As 2017 is about to come to a close, I’m trying to focus on a few “me” goals for 2018. I’m not usually a big new year’s resolution type of person, but I think 2018 is going to be my year. I like to keep this blog positive, so I’m not going to reflect on the ugly parts of 2017. This list is realistic with a few stretch goals mixed in.
- Land an awesome job. After having gone on several interviews and had numerous calls with recruiters, I have started to realize my “worth” as an HR professional. My number 1 goal for 2018 is to get an awesome job that I can be proud of and work my booty off.
- Get fit-ish. I’m not going to pretend that I’m going to transform my body because I’d be lying to you and myself. My goal is to simply continue to eat right and exercise when I can. I have some high hopes of starting Orange Theory in 2018 with some women in my neighborhood, so hopefully we can motivate each other!
- Go on a vacation with my husband. I think me and my hubby are long overdue for a couple’s vacation. Maybe somewhere tropical, or to the Southern Ground Music Festival, or just anywhere that isn’t Illinois. Any suggestions? I love boat drinks!
- Spend more time with friends. I have some really amazing women in my life who I have been friends with for years. I want to make it a priority to see them more often. Life gets in the way and sometimes I realize it’s been 6+ months since I’ve seen a close friend.
- Keep writing. I’m a writer at heart and haven’t done much of it the past 10 years. I’m realizing how much I miss writing and how much fun it can be. I want to come up with a list of blog ideas for 2018. On the short list includes home projects, gardening, fashion/style finds, silly mom posts, and home design ideas. What would you like to hear about?
Speaking of home projects…I wanted to share a little project my hubby completed. Last year I asked him to make me a chalkboard for our kitchen. He did such an awesome job that I again asked if he would make one as a gift for my brother and sister-in-law for Christmas. Below are a couple pictures of mine as well as an in-progress picture and a final picture from my brother. (Note: most of my artwork are ideas from Google.) Materials are listed at the bottom.
- 1/8″ hardboard
- 1×3 cedar for the sides and 1x4x8 cedar for the top and bottom
- Rust-Oleum Chalkboard paint
- French cleat for hanging
- Minwax Stain in Dark Walnut
- Minwax Helmsman Spar Urethane in Clear Semi-Gloss
- Kreg jig for pocket holes
- Orbital Sander to smooth down the cedar
- Primer to paint the hardboard before applying the chalkboard paint
Happy New Year everyone! See you in 2018!